“If the business is so good then WHY does the owner want to sell?”
This in the Number 1 question asked by Buyers. The truth is that businesses sell everyday in corporate and mainstream America for numerous reasons. The following are some of the more common reasons for owners to sell.
- The same reasons that Buyers quit their jobs. . .a change in lifestyle.
- The Owner is burned out from doing the same thing and wants to do something different.
- The Owner wants to retire.
- The Owner wants to relocate to another part of the country.
- There is a split in the business partnership.
- There is a death involved in the ownership or the Owner’s family.
- There is a divorce.
- Health related issues.
- No family or heirs to pass the business to.
- Lack of capital or vision to expand the business.
- Any number of other ordinary life events.